httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Encode problem
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:03:53 GMT
On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Josu Lazkano <
josu.lazkano@barcelonamedia.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 08:51 -0400, Yehuda Katz wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Josu Lazkano
> > <josu.lazkano@barcelonamedia.org> wrote:
> >
> >         [Wed Aug 24 14:32:45 2011] [error] [client 84.88.76.10] PHP
> >         Fatal error:
> >         Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to
> >         allocate 30720
> >         bytes) in /var/wikifarm/wiki/includes/Xml.php on line 593,
> >         referer:
> >         http://mydomain/
> >
> >         I just check the memory limit on PHP5 and it has enough:
> >
> >         $ cat /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini | grep memory_limit
> >         memory_limit = 128M
> >
> >         And this the line 593 on
> >         the /var/wikifarm/wiki/includes/Xml.php:
> >
> >         self::encodeJsVar( $elt );
> >

> > You should use phpinfo() to check what the actual memory limit is. It
> > is possible that something in the application or a different
> > configuration file changes the memory limit (it looks like 21MB is the
> > limit it is hitting).
> > I would put phpinfo();die(); right before the self::encodeJsVar call
> > and look for memory_limit in the output.
> >

> > - Yehuda
>
> Thanks Yehuda, I try it but there is no luck, I added this lines on the
> code before the error line:
>
> phpinfo();
> die();
>
> But the error continue and there is no any info on the page.
>
> If I just put the "phpinfo();" on a file, it show the PHP info and the
> memory size is 128MB: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/memory.png
>
> I don't know if it is related to Apache or PHP, where I must look for
> it?
>
> Thanks and best regards.

The memory limit in PHP can be set in any included configuration file, in
any PHP file in your framework (in this case MediaWiki) and depending on how
your server is set up, in any web server config file.
I think MediaWiki has a memory limit set in LocalSettings.php (but I have
not set up MediaWiki it in a long time).

- Y