httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can connect to SSL using localhost but not remotely
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:50:47 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Robert Madsen <madsen.robert@gmail.com>wrote:

> When you say type "httpd -S" on the command line, are you talking about the
> Windows prompt? I tried this and it said httpd is not recognized.
>
> Also, if it helps to know I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1.

Yes, the Windows command prompt.
If you can't find httpd, that means it is not in your path.
cd to the directory where you have Apache installed (on my computer it is
C:\Webserv\Apache2.2\bin, but it could be C:\Program Files\Apache2.2\bin
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache2.2\bin) and try again.

That is the same operating system that I am running one of my development
machines on.