httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rose, John B" <jbr...@utk.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] "Reading Request" large number of times slowing Apache 2.0 server
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:15:03 GMT
We are getting a really large number of “Reading Request” showing up in our Apache server
status output. The server slowed to a crawl . We related it to access to a site on our network
and disabled access but we are not sure why it would be generating such a problem.  We do
not believe it was a Denial Of Service attack. The server is a virtual host server for many
web sites here 300+.

We are using Apache 2.0 on Solaris

I have been googling and looking thru the archives for this mailing list but thus far no solutions.
Anyone have experience with this or can point me to a helpful discussion from the past?

Thanks
John