httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Recent Apache DOS advisory - problem applying the SetEnvIf/ RequestHeader workaround.
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 01:37:08 GMT
On 8/24/2011 8:28 PM, James wrote:
> You need to have the module mod_headers enabled. To check if you have the module enabled
run /path/to/httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES, if you don't see mod_headers, you don't have the module.
You can search Google on how to enable it. However, I've tested the rewrite rules on the 2.X
series and this works just fine. The rewire method requires mod_rewrite.

With the rewrite method, be very careful that you enable and then
use RewriteOptions to inherit the global setting (or individually
configure this rule) in each and every one of your vhosts.