httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess issue in Wordpress?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:14:57 GMT
On August 12, 2011 6:54 , Ganesh Viswanathan <gizzm14@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a wordpress multi-site:

You have posted your question to the Apache HTTP Server Users' mailing
list.  Unfortunately, your question has nothing to do with Apache HTTP
Server as far as I can see, and so this is the wrong place for it.
Please ask your question on a WordPress mailing list or support forum
instead.

> site1.local.loc [with subdomains on my local] and I would like to have
> three pages on this.
>
> site1.local.loc/works - (posts page, but I want 'Works' as my title)
>
> site1.local.loc/about - (static page)
>
> site1.local.loc/contact - (static page)
>
> Since 'Works' is my posts page where I keep putting in content, I
> changed my permalinks for this site to:
>
> /works/%postname%/
>
> However, when clicking on 'view post' at the end of posting anything,
> it leads me to a '404' page which means there is a disconnect. This is
> also the case for viewing any page.

You might want to change the URL for the posts page to something that is
not a prefix of the URLs for your permalinks and see if that affects
anything, or not.

> Is my .htaccess file faulty?

I have no idea, you did not send it to us.  And please don't send it to
us -- the directives you put in your .htaccess file will need to be
specific to both WordPress' requirements and to what you are trying to
do.  You should ask on a WordPress mailing list or support forum whether
what you have in your .htaccess file is what WordPress needs.

> How do I solve this? Also how do I make all my posts appear in my
> 'Works' page (as in, how to make that page the posts page?)

Ask on a WordPress mailing list or support forum.  Be sure to provide
them all the information you provided us, and also provide them with the
specific revision of WordPress you are running, including a list of any
WordPress plugins and their versions, what version of Apache HTTP Server
you are running, what version of PHP you are running and how you are
running it (mod_php, CGI, FastCGI, etc.), any errors that appear in your
Apache HTTP Server error log file when the error occurs, and the
contents of your .htaccess file.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org