httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Kesavan <ashwi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] https redirection
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 09:35:11 GMT
Jeroen Geilman wrote:
> On 2011-07-30 08:28, vishesh kumar wrote:
>> Hi Members
>>
>> suppose i have a site https://abc.com and i want if anyone write
>> https://abc.com/xyz.com , it should redirected to https://xyz.com
>> which is one same server.
>
> Redirect Permanent /xyz.com/ https://xyz.com/
>
>> Server wide certificate installed on server .
>
> No.
> If the domains hosted on this server are not in the same parent zone (as
> you have just shown) you cannot use one certificate for both domains.

Look at the mod_rewrite and the directive RedirectPermanent in httpd
documentation to know how to use the above two to achieve the objective
you want. It is pretty simple and starightforward. I have done that many
times myself. I want you8 to learn that instead of spoon feeding you.
Look up for the above two keyword in httpd doc site and you will have
all that is required to do it. Please have the habbit of searching on
any search engine like google for example to know how to do something
before askign here. Ask only if that didnt help. Please read up "how to
ask smart questions" by esr in internet and enlighten yourself.

HTH

--
*ashwin*
*kesavan*

"if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein