httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Kesavan <ashwi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] website performance
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 09:28:41 GMT
Amira Othman wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I need to test web server performance to make sure that everything is
> going fine. Any suggestions on how to test??
>

> Regards
>
> *Amira Othman***
>
> *Server Administrator*
>
> *www.cairosource.com* <http://www.cairosource.com/>**
>

> **
>

> 6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen
>
> Cairo, Egypt
>
> *Direct:   *  +2 02 3303 7175
> *Mobile: *  +2 012 220 4165
>

> The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or
> entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the
> material from any computer.

if you want to measure server performace mterics then you can use ab
(the program to do benchmarks by apache.org) . ab[1] is a program widely
used to bench mark web server performance. Not sure if this what you are
looking for.

HTH

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/ab.html

--
*ashwin*
*kesavan*

  "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein