httpd-users mailing list archives

From Josu Lazkano <josu.lazk...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Monit on vhost
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 07:46:10 GMT
Thanks for your reply, can you help with an example? I am new on Apache and I just copy examples
from the web.

Thanks and best regards.

De: Jeroen Geilman [mailto:jeroen@adaptr.nl]
Enviado el: jueves, 21 de julio de 2011 20:55
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: Re: [users@httpd] Monit on vhost

On 2011-07-21 17:28, Josu Lazkano wrote:
Hello list, I am trying to configure a server with lots of vhost.

I need to check if they are online with Monit, for this, I just create this on each vhost:

        Alias /monit/ /var/www/monit/
        <Directory "/var/www/monit/">
                Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

So, I just add on the Monit lines like this:

   #domain1
   if failed host domain1.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert
   if failed host www.domain1s.com<http://www.domain1s.com> port 80 protocol http and
request "/monit/token" then alert

   #domain2
   if failed host domain2.com port 80 protocol http and request "/monit/token" then alert
   if failed host www.domain2.com<http://www.domain2.com> port 80 protocol http and
request "/monit/token" then alert

There is a "token" file on /var/www/monit/ so, if Monit can not get this file it send an alert.

The Monit service is on localhost, so I just want to get access to this directory just localhost.

How could I do that?

By not allowing from All, obviously.

You could also simplify the shit out of this by defining the directory and alias ONCE, outside
any vhost.

And alias only /monit/token, since that is apparently all that is requested.

--

J.