httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Kesavan <ashwi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: vhost names on logs
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:22:39 GMT
Hi Josu,

The more easier way which any newbie can do trouble free is to have separate log files for
each of the virtual host section and name the log file based on the vhost name. That way you
can achieve what you desired. I am not sure if this solves your problem. Post more details
on what you want if this doesn't solve your problem.

Hope that helps,

--ashwin

From: Josu Lazkano [mailto:josu.lazkano@barcelonamedia.org]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 5:33 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] vhost names on logs

Hello list, I want to configure a lo system and I need to get the vhost name on the log files
to separate them.

Is it possible to do that?

I am using Apache2 on a Ubuntu system, this is my vhost configuration:

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache/domain1/error.log
        LogLevel warn
        CustomLog /var/log/apache/domain1/access.log combined

I have lots of different vhost on the same machine.

Thanks and best regards.