httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP files not being parsed in HTML pages
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:43:59 GMT
On 2011-07-30 06:41, Darryle Steplight wrote:
> Trying adding this in your vhost, config file or .htaccess file
>
> addHandler x-httpd-php5 .php .htm .html

Please get it right:

<FilesMatch \.php$>
         SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

> On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Rob Stone<robstone@mira.net>  wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a working domain on a free LAMP hosting service. I thought it would
>> be a *good idea* if I set up a development environment on my Debian laptop.
>> Followed all the Debian specific stuff about setting it up and copied all my
>> files (html, php, js, css, etc.) into the /var/www directory. I also created
>> a new project and entered the appropriate lines into my httpd.conf file.
>> I can access my home page but NONE of the php is executed. It all works fine
>> on the host server.
>> I created a three line file to call phpinfo(),

That's 2 lines too many:

     $echo "<?phpinfo()?>" > info.php

>> placed it into the new
>> project's directory and it displays all of the php directives. If I make an
>> alteration to the php.ini file and run it again you can see the change.
>>
>> So, why does a simple file with phpinfo() work and an html page with an
>> include "xyz.php" NOT render the page as desired in the browser???? It just
>> ignores the include.

HTML does not have an "include" directive.
Please don't confuse PHP with HTML.

>> When I restart apache, this is what is entered in the error.log file.
>>
>> [Sat Jul 30 13:14:04 2011] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
>> [Sat Jul 30 13:14:05 2011] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Debian) PHP/5.3.6-13 with
>> Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations
>>
>> Output of uname -a
>> Linux roblaptop 2.6.39-2-686-pae #1 SMP Wed Jun 8 11:33:14 UTC 2011 i686
>> GNU/Linux
>>
>> When I run apachectl -M it shows php5_module (shared).

None of this is relevant, really - the fact that a php file gets
executed is also proof of all of the above.

--
J.