httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat + Apache + Redmine + Subversion + SSL Certificates - please help the newbie
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:20:17 GMT
On July 20, 2011 21:54 , "Alan MacKinven" <alanimal@gmail.com> wrote:
> The sites published by Tomcat are using an SSL issued to our domain
> via Godaddy.com and are working fine.
> I was recently asked to install Redmine with SVN repositories – so I
> have installed Apache + openSSL MSI, Ruby Rails, Redmine, and
> Subversion – all the required software components.
> As it stands right now, it all works a treat – Redmine is being
> published no problem – insecurely.
> What I am trying to do now and need some assistance, is how do I
> publish my Apache application (Redmine) using the certificate that is
> issued?
> The Tomcat application is being published to : https://www.demo.com/Admin
> The Apache application is being published to: http://www.demo.com/redmine
> The ssl is issued to www.demo.com <http://www.demo.com>

You should have two VirtualHost contexts in your Apache HTTP Server
configuration file(s), one for HTTP on port 80 and one for HTTPS on port
443.  Both will be for www.demo.com.

Identify all of the Apache directives you added in order to get Redmine
working through the HTTP virtual host.  Remove all of these directives
from the HTTP virtual host context and add them to the HTTPS virtual
host context.  The Redmine installation/configuration documentation
should be useful in figuring out what directives to move.

Hopefully that will do the trick.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org