httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] subdomains
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:26:53 GMT
On 2011-07-06 10:00, Amira Othman wrote:

> Hello Jeroen
>
> Thanks for reply.I already created 2 virtual host one pointing to (its
> document root) /mydomain and the other is pointing to /mydomain/admin

Don't do that.
VirtualHosts should never overlap, as unexpected things will happen and
access controls become... interesting.

> the problem is I want admin.mydomain

Not mentioned above; please understand that a virtualhost is defined by
a Servername and a Documentroot.

It is neither of those things by itself, and neither of those things is
directly related to the other, either.

The virtualhost is what relates them.

> to work correctly while it does not because each time I type url it
> load the correct index.php but after that everything goes wrong

That's not very descriptive.
Include the relevant configuration and logs that show the issue.

> and log file has error that file does not exist because it search for
> it in wrong path. It always search for it under /mydomain/admin/ while
> files actually exist under /mydomain. The files that located in
> /mydomain/admin works fine .sorry but I am new to apache .that is how
> I understand the problem but I don't know what to do.

You should take a long, hard look at the documentation for virtual hosting:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/vhosts/

This explains several key concepts.

--
J.