httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] subdomains
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:22:31 GMT
On 2011-07-05 15:20, Amira Othman wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using httpd-2.2.3-43.3

That's pretty old.

> on centos 5.6.

Ah, that explains that.

> I created subdomain

A whut ? Apache doesn't know or care about "domains".
A hostname is a hostname.

> ,it works fine except when calling image I found in log file that it
> goes to wrong path

How so ?
Do you have logs and configuration that show this ?

> although I am writing the correct one in document root
>
> Mydomain.com/subdomain     works fine

That's not a documentroot; it points to a subdirectory of the documentroot.

> Subdomain.mydomain.com        fine but images have wrong path

That's not a documentroot either, but a fully-qualified hostname,
different from the one above.
Typically, that indicates that this is a different vhost, ergo a
separate site.

> *Amira Othman***
>
> *Server Administrator*
>
> *www.cairosource.com* <http://www.cairosource.com/>**
>

> **
>

> 6 EL Nil EL Abyad, Mohandiseen
>
> Cairo, Egypt
>
> *Direct: *  +2 02 3303 7175
> *Mobile: *  +2 012 220 4165

Disappointing.

> The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
> If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and
> delete the material from any computer.

You're posting to a publically archived mailing list.
Should I delete the message ?

--
J.