httpd-users mailing list archives

From Arabinda Sahoo <Arabinda.Sa...@S1.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_deflate alters the filename being downloaded - please help to solve this
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:57:31 GMT

Dear Members,

We are using - Apache 2.x and the compression is working properly.
However when a compressed document is being downloaded - it's showing a download window with
a different filename.

For example - if the original filename is - abc.doc
The download page is now showing - fileDisplayInit.doc

What is required is the Download Page should show - abc.doc - and not this one.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks and Regards
Arabinda

-----Original Message-----
From: Kashif Rahman [mailto:kashif.rahman@vopium.com]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 6:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Help Required in one project

Dear Users,

We are trying to send our request from one apache to another apache running on separate server
without changing original URL. E.g.

SERVERA = Apache with PHP

SERVERB = Apache with PHP & Tomcat

SERVERA   abc.com   à   SERVERB xyz.com,  then SERVERB passes java requests to tomcat on
SERVERB that request should be as abc.com. Then response should be sent back to SERVERA. We
are trying to use Proxy in Apache. Can we use mod_rewrite? How can we pass back response from
SERVERB with tomcat to SERVERA? If anyone has tested such case, kindly provide some details
on it?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Kashif Rahman.