httpd-users mailing list archives

From Qingshan Xie <xieq...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] client-cert-auth triggered Segmentation Fault
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:52:14 GMT
Hi,

    Our env has Apache-2.2.19 + Openssl-1.0.0d compiled in a Linux host, it is configured
as a ssl proxy server.  When Client-Cert-Authentication enabled, it triggered Segmentation
Fault.  This happens on Openssl-1.0.0 other versions(a,c).  However, Client-Cert-Auth is
working fine with Openssl-0.9.8q.  Does anyone meet this issue?

   The symptom is, the Apache child was terminated once the Segmentation Fault appeared.
 I did strace to the child, the output is as below,
strace -p 19921
>Process 19921 attached - interrupt to quit
>[ Process PID=19921 runs in 32 bit mode. ]
>read(7, upeek: ptrace(PTRACE_PEEKUSER,19921,120,0): No such process
>Process 19921 detached
It looks Apache child tried to read something via 'ptrace' but no such process.  I wonder
if this is a bug.  Is this a known issue?
Can some one help me get out of this issue?

Many Thanks
Q.Xie