httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Millikan" <gmilli...@t1shopper.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Special configuration for requests that do not match any particular virtual host? Apache 2.2
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:13:29 GMT
> Incorrect. The first vhost is ALWAYS used when no vhost with a
> matching host name is found - it is the catch all vhost, by
> definition.

Yes, I totally agree.  But, the first vhost cannot be used to *redirect requests to another
vhost.*  Per Eric Covener, "You can't
make the catch-all vhost also be a reachable name-based vhost, with those rewrite rules.
Create an additional one solely for that
purpose."

If you're wanting to redirect all hostnames to parent domain name then the first vhost cannot
be used for this purpose unless
there's another solution the list hasn't thought of yet?