httpd-users mailing list archives

From Moshe Ben-Shoham <mos...@perfectomobile.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache returns 200 to client in case of proxy timeout
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:32:06 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the comment about the ProxyMatch syntax. I will look into it, although it works.

Regarding the proxy hit, I know for sure that the request should be proxied because is usually
does. It matches the following rewrite rule (again, URL was changed):

  RewriteRule  ^/x/y(.*)  http://localhost:9003$1           [P]

In addition, every time the timeout occurs, I see the following message in the Apache error
log, exactly 300 seconds after the request arrives:

[Sat Jun 11 09:00:54 2011] [error] [client 192.168.131.11] (OS 10060)A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. : proxy: error reading status
line from remote server localhost

Thanks,
Moshe Ben Shoham
Perfecto Mobile

From: Jeroen Geilman [mailto:jeroen@adaptr.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:18 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache returns 200 to client in case of proxy timeout

On 06/15/2011 08:52 AM, Moshe Ben-Shoham wrote:
Hi,

We're using Apache 2.2.15, with mod_proxy_http for proxying requests to backend processes.

Here's the relevant configuration we use:

  <ProxyMatch  http://localhost:9001>

That is not valid syntax for ProxyMatch, which requires a regular expression.
Please see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxymatch for details.

    ProxySet smax=5 max=20 ttl=120 keepalive=On
  </ProxyMatch>

Hence, the value of "timeout" is 300 seconds. When the timeout occurs, we see Apache returning
200 to the client (just changed the URL):

1181: 192.168.131.11 - - [11/Jun/2011:10:58:53 +0100] "POST /x/y/z HTTP/1.1" 200 - 300515625

No way to know that the proxy is being hit.

Is that the expected behavior? I would expect an error code, maybe 504.

Thanks,
Moshe Ben Shoham
Perfecto Mobile

The information contained in this message is proprietary to the sender, protected from disclosure,
and may be privileged. The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s)
of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

You are posting to a public archived mailing list.

--

J.