httpd-users mailing list archives

From Moshe Ben-Shoham <mos...@perfectomobile.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache returns 200 to client in case of proxy timeout
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 06:52:08 GMT
Hi,

We're using Apache 2.2.15, with mod_proxy_http for proxying requests to backend processes.

Here's the relevant configuration we use:

  <ProxyMatch  http://localhost:9001>
    ProxySet smax=5 max=20 ttl=120 keepalive=On
  </ProxyMatch>

Hence, the value of "timeout" is 300 seconds. When the timeout occurs, we see Apache returning
200 to the client (just changed the URL):

1181: 192.168.131.11 - - [11/Jun/2011:10:58:53 +0100] "POST /x/y/z HTTP/1.1" 200 - 300515625

Is that the expected behavior? I would expect an error code, maybe 504.

Thanks,
Moshe Ben Shoham
Perfecto Mobile

The information contained in this message is proprietary to the sender, protected from disclosure,
and may be privileged. The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s)
of the message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.