httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stormy <storm...@stormy.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate and chunked encoding
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 22:39:29 GMT
At 10:56 PM 6/5/2011 +0200, Xavier Noria wrote:
>[snip] I mean. If it is true that Passenger should dechunk (as William says),
>but it is not doing that, but the client still gets the chunked
>response, I wondered whether it worked by luck rather than by all
>the pieces following the contracts. Always according to William's.

mod_deflate is a compression (input decomp possible) capability with client
caveats. Eric C. has given you the definitive response including streaming,
but maybe you should have a look at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html>

I'm not an expert in MS <=> Java matters - but there's a group at
poi.apache.org that might help with "chunking" (but then again, I'm getting
long in the tooth and maybe have missed some of the latest innovations.)

Paul
Tired old sys-admin