httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Howard <ch...@elfpen.com>
Subject [users@httpd] virtual IP hosts, USER and GROUP
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:00:42 GMT

Hi,

I run an in-house webserver.
It is on a multi-homed host running HP-UX.

I want to run three different instances of the httpd
server, one serving each of the three IP addresses.

I set up my three config files, each with a different
Listen directive.

I also want to have each of my three instances running
under a different user/group.  I have set up the
config files with User/Group directives.

I am testing it out with two.. so when I start just
the one instance that serves my own network, I see
that it is running with the user/group I specified.

The test I am using is a small cgi script that runs the
'id' command, showing the user/group being employed
when the cgi is executed.

I then start a second instance.  When I run my
test again I see that I am now the user/group of the
second instance, not the first.

So,  my basic question is:  How do I run virtual hosts
separated by IP address and running with different user/group?

One last thing:  I believe I am running Apache v 2.x which
is supplied by HP-UX.  I can pin that down further if it
is needed.

Thanks

Chris Howard