httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Christensen <ksch...@cdrgts.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Installing Subversion support for Apache
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 20:21:38 GMT
I'm trying to get Apache setup to handle Subversion on a Windows Server
2008 R2 SP1 machine. I'm having problems with an error that gets
generated after I've modified the httpd file in the conf folder to load
the necessary modules. I get the following error when I try to start the
Apache server:

"httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 83 of C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: LoadModule takes two
arguments, a module name and the name of a shared object file to load it
from"

The line the error specifically refers to is the following:
#LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so

I'm following the manual documentation that came with Tortiose SVN in
regards to setting up the Apache server to work with Subversion. I've
also checked the other resource manuals (Apache and Subversion manuals
relating to the same configuration operations) and they're giving nearly
the same instructions on setup, which as far as I can tell I'm following
directly.  I've explicitly listed the directory path and included quotes
to account for the spaces in the path name as such:

#LoadModule dav_module "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_dav.so"

It still generates the error. I don't know if I have a version mismatch
either but I'm using the 1.6.17 Subversion installer with the 2.2.19
open SSL Apache installer. The error message isn't incredibly
informative either since I'm not familiar enough with how it deals with
the module loading instructions given to it by the httpd.conf file. I'm
assuming that even with a specific path directory to go to it seems to
not find the module or isn't able to access it.

-Kevin Christensen