httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Tuggy <nat...@tuggycomputer.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Upgrading from 2.2.10 to 2.2.19 appears to have messed up Windows service startup
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:44:44 GMT
Just upgraded from 2.2.10 to 2.2.19 [*], and Windows service won't start
-- it gives me two lines in the error log (LogLevel is set to debug)
claiming that it's starting up:

     Starting the Apache2.2 service
     The Apache2.2 service is running.

Then it silently dies.

Running httpd from the command-line seems to work fine, giving
reasonable messages in the logs and serving pages correctly, but using
httpd -k start or the Windows service manager to attempt to start the
service never leaves the parent process running more than a second or two.

Given that my configuration hasn't changed, except for the upgrade, does
anyone have any ideas?

*To upgrade, I uninstalled, then installed with the openssl-enabled MSI
-- the MSI package didn't seem to want to upgrade in place, and kept
complaining that the product with that ID was already installed, or
words to that effect.