httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Parsing Problem
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 06:38:42 GMT
Xavier Lopez wrote:
> I'm still not getting Apache to parse PHP. I've learned a lot though,
> here's what I know:

Try asking on the PHP list ...

On SUSE, simply adding php via the packager manager also enables it in a stock
apache installation. SO I suspect you had a working setup and have changed
something.

My own vhosts.d entries all contain

      Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/*.conf
in the actual <VirtualHost *:80> element

and I have a php5.conf entry in the conf.d directory that has the handler bits
on separate lines ....

---
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php4
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php5
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .php4s
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .php5s
         AddHandler application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
         DirectoryIndex index.php4
         DirectoryIndex index.php5
         DirectoryIndex index.php
</IfModule>
---

So I wonder if you have conflicting stuff now between the two locations

It is getting quite annoying just how differently each linux distribution
handles this area. The current discussion on the PHP lists is what should we
bundle with PHP, but most distributions simply decide that themselves. And have
created their own way of enabling stuff in Apache and PHP :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL