httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wilson Hernandez <wil...@optimumwireless.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to run a backup server?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 04:43:01 GMT
Hello.

I currently have a server at home with public IP hosting 4 websites
(virtual hosting). Yesterday I had a power outage for most of the day.
As a result, no web presence.

I would like to know if there is a way to have another server somewhere
else with the same dynamic content as a "backup" in case the main server
is not available then the backup server would serve the pages.

I know, there are many things that would be involved in something like
this for ie: DNS records, both server should have the same content when
main server is updated with new info, etc...

How can I accomplish something like that?

Thanks in advanced for your assistance.