httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP Not Working
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 22:03:34 GMT
On 06/09/2011 11:48 PM, Xavier Lopez wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Apache 2.2 on Ubuntu 10.04. I've checked that php mod is
> enabled. It is. I'm using virtual hosts.  It serves all html files,
> but not php. Following is my VHost configuration:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>          ServerName http://new.dev
> 	ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
>          DocumentRoot /home/zave/Public/new
>          RewriteEngine off
>
>          <Location />
>          RewriteEngine on
>          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>          RewriteRule !\.(js|ico|gif|jpg|png|css)$ /index.php
>          </Location>
>
> 	<Directory />
> 		Options FollowSymLinks
> 		AllowOverride None
> 	</Directory>

You are allowing apache full access to your OS root directory.
Don't do that.

> 	<Directory /home/zave/Public/new>
> 		Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> 		AllowOverride All
> 		Order allow,deny
> 		allow from all
> 	</Directory>
>
> 	ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
> 	<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
> 		AllowOverride None
> 		Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
> 		Order allow,deny
> 		Allow from all
> 	</Directory>
>
> 	ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
>
> 	# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit,
> 	# alert, emerg.
> 	LogLevel warn
>
> 	CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
>
>      Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
>      <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
>          Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
>          AllowOverride None
>          Order deny,allow
>          Deny from all
>          Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
>      </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> All my VHosts are configured the same way, save for the ServerName and
> DocumentRoot directives. Please help.

I see nothing related to handling PHP.
You need to tell apache what to do with .php files.

This can be implemented - as documented - by adding

<FilesMatch \.php$>
     SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

in your Documentroot Directory block.