httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeroen Geilman <jer...@adaptr.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] publishing a content across two network
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:41:27 GMT
On 06/02/2011 12:35 PM, Ravi Chandran wrote:
> hi,

Please don't top-post.

> thanks for replying. Actually we have two systems one on WIFI and one
> on LAN, both are running apache web server.

Okay, so we are talking about TWO completely separate apache installations ?
That wasn't entirely clear before.

> I am able to access the content published on the other system using
> browser.

Okay.

> but the same thing is not happening at the other system.

What "same thing" ? Apache is not working correctly at the second system
? What does the error log say ?

> I mean on that system, the content is not coming, its giving timeout.

Ah, then you most likely have a network problem.

> So I am confused as to why one directional traffic is there?

"Directional" ? HTTP is a TCP protocol, there is always two-directional
traffic.

> If I am able to see the content on that system, they should also be
> able to see my content, right?

No, wrong.

Why would they ? the systems are entirely unrelated.

> We have the same setup and configuration info other than the domain
> and server name..

Investigate the network, and read the apache error logs for obvious
network-related problems.