httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] installing an Apache module after Apache is up and running
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:36:40 GMT

On 21 Jun 2011, at 12:17, John Fitzgibbon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Apache is now up and running but I wish to add a module. Specifically I want to add the
module mod_rewrite. I looked in the modules folder and there is only one file there. There
are no files ending with ‘.so’. I guess I need to obtain the module and install it.

> How do I do this?

That would depend on your packager, who probably provides their
own system configuration tools.  Check their docs, and
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Info/DistrosDefaultLayout

If you were doing it from apache's own bundle, it would depend on
your build options.  With default options you'd have a whole lot of
modules (.so files) already there (though not all activated), so I
infer that's not what you have.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html