httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gulati, Sushant" <Sushant.Gul...@altisource.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Wildcard SSL Certificate Traffic Segregation
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:51:35 GMT
First of all I really appreciate all the help I've received from this
mailing list.

We have a setup with a Wildcard SSL certificate for *.mydomain.com.
There is a Tomcat server running in the background integrated with
Apache through mod_jk. Till now, all the requests to www.mydomain.com
were redirected to www.mydomain.com/mycontext/ . Similarly all requests
to abc.mydomain.com were redirected to abc.mydomain.com/mycontext/ .

Now we have a new requirement to have all requests to www.mydomain.com
to be redirected to Tomcat A with the context root as mycontext and any
other request, e.g. abc.mydomain.com or def.mydomain.com to be
redirected to Tomcat B with mycontext as the context root. The Name
based Virtual Hosting will not work probably because of the SSL traffic.
I am also thinking of using different context roots for different URLs,
to segregate the traffic. Any help/suggestions/pointers would be most
welcome J.

Regards,

Sushant Gulati

_______

This E-mail message and its attachments, if any are intended solely for the use of the addressee
hereof. In addition, this message and the attachments, if any may contain information that
is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing,
distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission.

Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to
waive any right or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please promptly
notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.  Instructions
transmitted over this system are not binding on us until they are confirmed by us. Message
transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or free of software virus. While Altisource Portfolio
Solutions and its subsidiaries collectively "Altisource" takes every reasonable precaution
to minimize such risks, Altisource cannot accept liability for any damage sustained by you
or any third party as a result of software viruses.