httpd-users mailing list archives

From William Bulley <...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: apache2 or mod_perl2 oddball error (RESOLVED)
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:26:41 GMT
According to Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com> on Thu, 06/23/11 at 17:45:

> On a FreeBSD-8.2/amd64 system, after updating Perl, I had to rebuild
> everything that depended on Perl, including it modules. After that, all
> worked well.

That is _exactly_ what I did on June 9 and afterwards apache2 would
not launch.  At the time I blamed it on a Perl based application which
was on the system but which was not rebuilt (not sure how that would
have been accomplished - it just came from a tar(1) file).

After trying dozens of things, and asking questions of many sources,
I decided to re-do the June 9th ground-up rebuild, but this time with
Perl 5.12.3 instead of 5.14 and as I reported the apache2 server came
up with no problem.  Go figure?  YMMV.

Regards,

web...

--