httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:15:07 GMT

On 8 Jun 2011, at 21:01, Jeroen Geilman wrote:

> On 06/08/2011 09:50 PM, dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
>> I currently use .htaccess to prompt for username and password and point it to an
ldap database running on my mailserver.  Im considering moving all my mail accounts to gmail.
 Does anyone know if it is possible to authenticate with .htaccess pointing to gmail for info?

>> thanks,
>>
>> ddh
>>

> gmail will not expose authentication procedures to the outside world.
>
> This would be quite silly.

Doesn't gmail fall within the bundle of google services that use - and give you - OpenID?

If so, you could ask your server admin whether they'd consider using the third-party
OpenID authentication module with Apache.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html