httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Loadbalacing between rewrite rule
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 12:06:45 GMT
On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Tushar Chavan
<tushar.chavan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> Can we load balacing between rewrite rule?
>
> e.g, can we  load balace between below rewrite rules.
>
> RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver1:98/$1 [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(sap\(.*)         http://webserver2:98/$1 [P,L]

Seems like a bad idea and doesn't even do anything basic as written.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html

If your traffic is modest, you could look at the # of seconds with a
rewritecond and pick webserver1 on even second and webserver2 on odd,
or write your own RewriteMap that returns webserver1 or webserver2
under whatever criteria you want.  But this is probably a dead end
compared to using a real load balancing solution.