httpd-users mailing list archives

From List Member <subscribe2li...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help! Huge httpd process memory usage (VSS 2.5 GB each process)
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 08:15:27 GMT
Hi List,

We have recently compiled and have been running httpd v2.2.17 + Worker
MPM on a RHEL system (32 bit Kernel with HugeMem & 32 GB of memory).
The Apache behaves fine and we have been using default MPM settings
for worker, also most of the modules are dynamically loaded and
enabled.

But each httpd process is using 2.5 to 2.8 G Virt Size comparing this
to an older prefork httpd which was abt 110 M Virtual Memory. The RSS
on both are at ~65 M..

What could have caused this? I am using the default Apache config but
still dont understand... :(

Thanks