httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] XHTML > Set Content-Type as "application/xhtml+xml" for browsers that support it otherwise degrade to "text/html"
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 22:55:49 GMT

On 2 May 2011, at 19:26, Geoff Millikan wrote:

> PS. We'd consider using mod_negotiation to do this but we'd prefer not to make a HTML
and XHTML of the same page.  We're just going
> to make one XHTML document and send it to everyone. The browsers that don't support XHTML
will just have to do their best.

You should be able to do that with mod_negotiation.  Same file, different headers.

> PPS. The recommended Content-Type for XHTML documents (which despite mixed support, is
W3C's recommended language for mobile
> browsers: http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#ddc ) is "application/xhtml+xml" but it's permitted
to be "text/html."

That'll be XHTML 1.0, Appendix C.  Or something cloned from it.
A rich source of confusion.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html