httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache modify source code
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 16:36:14 GMT
  On May 16, 2011 12:30 , marco <marcodisano@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you told me, I have read how to use mod_perl. For my goal, as I
> expalin you in the previous mail, I can use mod perl to create an
> handler that will be executed corresponding to any phase of httpRequest.
>
> For example, the */PerlPostRequestHandler /*is executed after the
> apache server receives the http request and it did its parsing. So, in
> this way, when this handler is invoked I can do in it all the things I
> want. But I ask you if this handler is executed in parallel or it is
> executed in a sequential mode?
> Do you think am I on the right?Have you never work with these handler?

I have never done this.  Hooks and handlers are executed sequentially,
though:  each request is handled by a single thread, and only one thing
is happening for a single request at any given point in time.  For your
other mod_perl related questions, please ask on the mod_perl users'
mailing list.

As Eric pointed out, the main advantage of mod_perl is if you're already
very comfortable with Perl or very uncomfortable with C.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org