httpd-users mailing list archives

From Knute Johnson <apa...@knutejohnson.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with Files and Auth?
Date Thu, 12 May 2011 17:45:10 GMT
I'm trying to use the Files directive to force auth for the index.html
file and I'm getting the following error message if I don't specify the
file name in the request.  If I do it works fine.

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad
password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

No username/password dialog is presented with this error, just the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson