httpd-users mailing list archives

From Duke <duke.li...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid: Invalid command 'FcgidMinProcessesPerClass'
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 16:25:46 GMT
Hi Jeff,

On 5/2/11 12:16 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Duke<duke.lists@gmx.com>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please forgive me if the question was asked before. I have been using apache
>> for quite a bit of time (3-4 years) but I am totally new to the group.
>> Recently I tried to give our Red Hat server's apache FastCGI capability and
>> hence I installed mod_fcgid. The module loaded fine, but issues happen when
>> I tried to configure it:
>>
>> <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
>>   Alias /fgb2 "/var/www/cgi-bin/gb2"
>> <Location /fgb2>
>>     SetHandler   fcgid-script
>>     Options      ExecCGI
>> </Location>
>>   DefaultInitEnv GBROWSE_CONF /etc/gbrowse2
>>   # these directives prevent idle/busy timeouts and may need to be
>>   # adjusted up or down
>>   FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 6
>>   FcgidIOTimeout   600
>>   FcgidBusyTimeout 600
>> </IfModule>
>>
>> The error is:
>> $ service httpd start
>>> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 40 of
>>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/z_gbrowse2.conf:
>>> Invalid command 'FcgidMinProcessesPerClass', perhaps misspelled or defined
>>> by a module not included in the server configuration
>>>                                                              [FAILED]
> mod_fcgid is apparently not loaded, or you have an older version.
>
> If the directive DefaultMinClassProcessCount is recognized but
> FcgidMinProcessesPerClass is not, you have a pre-ASF version of
> mod_fcgid.

I am sure the module is loaded. Changing to the older (deprecated)
directive names works, so that means I am using the pre-ASF version?
Please let me know how I know that. The infos about the module is:

$ rpm -qi mod_fcgid.x86_64 0:2.2-11.el5
Name        : mod_fcgid                    Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.2                               Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 11.el5                        Build Date: Fri 05 Nov 2010
04:54:41 PM EDT
Install Date: Fri 29 Apr 2011 02:48:39 PM EDT      Build Host:
x86-17.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
mod_fcgid-2.2-11.el5.src.rpm
Size        : 129065                           License: GPL+
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 08 Nov 2010 10:47:59 AM EST, Key ID
119cc036217521f6
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/
Summary     : Apache2 module for high-performance server-side scripting
Description :
mod_fcgid is a binary-compatible alternative to the Apache module
mod_fastcgi.
mod_fcgid has a new process management strategy, which concentrates on
reducing
the number of fastcgi servers, and kicking out corrupt fastcgi servers
as soon
as possible.

Thanks,

D.