httpd-users mailing list archives

From Duke <duke.li...@gmx.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_fcgid: Invalid command 'FcgidMinProcessesPerClass'
Date Mon, 02 May 2011 14:56:11 GMT
Hi all,

Please forgive me if the question was asked before. I have been using
apache for quite a bit of time (3-4 years) but I am totally new to the
group. Recently I tried to give our Red Hat server's apache FastCGI
capability and hence I installed mod_fcgid. The module loaded fine, but
issues happen when I tried to configure it:

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
   Alias /fgb2 "/var/www/cgi-bin/gb2"
<Location /fgb2>
     SetHandler   fcgid-script
     Options      ExecCGI
</Location>
   DefaultInitEnv GBROWSE_CONF /etc/gbrowse2
   # these directives prevent idle/busy timeouts and may need to be
   # adjusted up or down
   FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 6
   FcgidIOTimeout   600
   FcgidBusyTimeout 600
</IfModule>

The error is:
$ service httpd start
 > Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 40 of
/etc/httpd/conf.d/z_gbrowse2.conf:
 > Invalid command 'FcgidMinProcessesPerClass', perhaps misspelled or
defined by a module not included in the server configuration
 >                                                             [FAILED]

My server does not have mod_fastcgi module by the way (and I think
mod_fcgid is to replace mod_fastcgi, please correct me if I am wrong).

Please help!

Thanks,

D.