httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steven Ross <apache....@bustspammers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: What are accept.lock files?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 18:13:34 GMT
On May 10, 2011, at 10:54 , Bennett, Tony wrote:

> Simplistically, they are files used by Apache to control
> exclusive access to some resources.
>
> Don't delete them.

OK, thanks. Even if they are 5 years old and there are many newer
ones? They are size 0, but still, I find it weird they would fill up
that folder seemingly indefinitely.

Does it make a difference if I'm the only user ever using Apache on my
local machine (for testing websites I'm working on)? I actually
blocked port 80 in my firewall, so no outsider could ever hit my Apache.

Thanks for your replies!
Steven