httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael D. Berger" <m_d_berger_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: cannot run mod_status
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:42:54 GMT
On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 14:28:34 -0400, Yehuda Katz wrote:

> [[RESEND]]
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Michael D. Berger <
> m_d_berger_1900@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Same result, 403 when I do:
>>   /server-status
>>  I note that I also get 403 for:
>>   /AnyOldJunk
>>
>> Since I have no file or directory named "server-status", I assume that
>> Apache is supposed to give this name special treatment, but it is not
>> doing it.
>>

> You should get a 404 when you go to /AnyOldJunk, not a 403. Because you
> get a 403, there is probably some other configuration error in the
> vhost.

[...]

PROBLEM SOLVED.  Following suggestion, I took
a close look at VirtualHost.  It was not the problem, but I
note that the reason I get the 403 is because the last line
in my VirtualHost is:

    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F,L]

It is the 'F' that generates the 403.  To make the server-status
work, in the VirtualHost I need:

   RewriteRule ^/server-status.*$ - [L]

somewhere near the top.

But that is not all. In <Directory "/var/www/html/www"> I need:

   RewriteRule ^server-status.*$ - [L]

Note the difference in the '/' between <VirtualHost> and
<Directory>.  It must be exactly as shown or it will not
work.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike.