httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Foster <stephenfoster1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rotatelogs and british summertime.
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:13:45 GMT
You would assume so, but the guidance in the documentation says the
following:

"Causes the use of local time rather than GMT as the base for the interval
or for strftime(3) formatting with size-based rotation. Note that
using -lin an environment which changes the GMT offset (such as for
BST or DST) can
lead to unpredictable results!"

We used this a while ago and removed it when we realised it didn't work
correctly. Currently setting a TZ variable in startup scripts (/etc/init.d
type scripts) to GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1 results in the right timings
being applied to the access logs in BST , the log rotation is still offset
though. I am not sure whether the TZ variable is being set on the execution
of the rotatelogs script that is spawned from the httpd.

Steve