httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite does not change URL in browser
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:08:27 GMT
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Jeff Shearer <jeff@shearer-family.org> wrote:
> I am trying to move a set of documents from one directory to a new directory.  Currently
users are redirected to the new directory but the old URL remains in the browser window.  My
research indicates that if I change the PT flag to R I should be able to do what I want.  However,
when I change the PT to an R, users are not actually redirected to the new directory.  Here
is the VirtualHost configuration:

Try specifying a complete protocol, hostname, etc for the substitution
when you add the 'R' flag -- .e.g http://%{HTTP_HOST}/newsite/$1 [R]

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com