httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marion McCoskey <mck...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] server limit stuck at 10
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:06:01 GMT
Igor Cicimo said:

>So do what the error says: increase the ServerLimit

I've tried that a lot of times.  Maybe I am doing it wrong.

My understanding is that the "<IfModule prefork.c>" section of
httpd.conf is where this directive is read when using the prefork
module.  When I change this value, the error message I get sometimes
reflects the value I have put in.  I have tried various values for
ServerLimit and MaxClients, but no joy.  My site has one gig memory
and 2 gigs burstable.

As I said in my original post:

<<
Here is the prefork section of httpd.conf

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers      8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
ServerLimit      256
MaxClients       256
MaxRequestsPerChild  150
</IfModule>

If I should be setting the ServerLimit some other way, I would be very
happy to hear what that is.

I am currently working on switching the site from php to html so I can
use the threaded model and get rid of the php overhead from the
server.  I currently use perl programs to generate most of the php
code for the site anyway.  I am switching the code to C because I am
not that fluent in perl and I spend too much time looking things up.

But if I can solve this problem some other way, I might reconsider that plan.

Thanks,

Marion