httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Schaare <d...@schaare.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and mod_jk
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 20:48:30 GMT
Greg,

I don't know exactly what happens within that rewrite.pl, but what makes me feel curious was
the "ajp13" as your JkMount target. My workers.properties file looks pretty different:

# list of workers

worker.list=MyWorker,jkstatus

# Basic setting to be referenced in all workers

worker.basic.type=ajp13

worker.basic.port=8009

worker.basic.lbfactor=1

# Set properties for MyWorker

worker.MyWorker.reference=worker.basic

worker.MyWorker.host=localhost

accordingly the directive in the Apache configuration would look like this:

JkMount /MyWebApp/* MyWorker

and if I want to use the status page:

        <Location /jkmanager/>

            JkMount jkstatus

            Order deny,allow

            Deny from all

            Allow from localhost

        </Location>

Maybe I missed the latest mod_jk changes, but your worker.properties file is very different
from what I found in the official docs: http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/quick.html

> It seems to work fine. Those URLs do end up being handled by tomcat.

Oops, from your first post it reads like nothing is forwarded to Tomcat - so I'm on the wrong
track?

Cheers,
Dirk

On 03.04.2011, at 22:03, Greg Allen wrote:

> My workers.properties file:
>
> [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
> port=8009
> host=127.0.0.1
>
> [ajp13:localhost:8009]
> channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
>
> Why does the JkMount look "unusual" to you?  Just the "tomcat"?  That's just
> a URL I am using for my testing.  My understanding is that anything URL with
> the prefix "/tomcat/*" will be passed to tomcat.
>
> It seems to work fine. Those URLs do end up being handled by tomcat.
>
> -- Greg
>
> On 4/3/2011 3:42 PM, Dirk Schaare wrote:
>> what about your workers.properties file?
>>
>>> JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13
>> looks pretty unusual to me
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dirk
>>
>> On 03.04.2011, at 19:37, Greg Allen wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use mod_rewrite to rewrite URLs coming into my server and have
the resulting value from mod_rewrite processed by mod_jk.  Here's the relevant section of
my httpd.conf file:

>>> <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
>>> DocumentRoot /home/webadmin/localhost/html
>>> SuexecUserGroup webadmin webadmin
>>> ServerAdmin "webadmin@locahost"
>>> ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/" "/home/webadmin/localhost/cgi-bin/"
>>> CustomLog "/home/webadmin/localhost/access_log" "combined"
>>> ErrorLog "/home/webadmin/localhost/error_log"
>>>
>>> RewriteEngine on
>>> RewriteLog /tmp/rewrite.log
>>> RewriteLogLevel 9
>>> RewriteMap map prg:/tmp/rewrite.pl
>>> RewriteRule (.*) ${map:$1} [PT]
>>>
>>> JkMount /tomcat/* ajp13
>>>
>>> LogFormat '"%r" %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)' deflate
>>> CustomLog "/home/webadmin/localhost/deflate_log" deflate
>>>
>>> <Directory /home/webadmin/localhost/html>
>>> Options Includes FollowSymLinks
>>> AllowOverride All
>>> </Directory>
>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> Take this PROFIND request for example: http://localhost/anything/
>>>
>>> It comes in and the mapping routine returns /tomcat/.  I would expect this to
match the JkMount and be forwarded to Tomcat.  That doesn't seem to be happening.  You can
see the request in my access_log file:

>>> 127.0.0.1 - - [03/Apr/2011:12:33:00 -0400] "PROPFIND /anything/ HTTP/1.1" 401
954 "-" "DAVKit/4.0 (728.4); iCalendar/1 (42.1); iPhone/3.1.2 7D11"
>>> 127.0.0.1 - - [03/Apr/2011:12:33:00 -0400] "PROPFIND /anything/ HTTP/1.1" 207
1077 "-" "DAVKit/4.0 (728.4); iCalendar/1 (42.1); iPhone/3.1.2 7D11"
>>> 127.0.0.1 - - [03/Apr/2011:12:33:01 -0400] "PROPFIND / HTTP/1.1" 405 325 "-"
"DAVKit/4.0 (728.4); iCalendar/1 (42.1); iPhone/3.1.2 7D11"

>>> It looks odd. I'm not sure why the first one gets a 401, but the second one succeeds
(all from my one initial request).  It doesn't appear that anything gets forwarded on to tomcat
either - I can't find anything in any of the tomcat logs that the request was ever sent.

>>> Is what I am trying to do even possible?  If so, what is wrong? I've been reading
the mod_rewrite and apache docs and can't find anything.