httpd-users mailing list archives

From "--[ UxBoD ]--" <>
Subject [users@httpd] Chroot a virtual host
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:47:42 GMT

I have noticed that when running Joomla, or in-fact any browsing capable PHP code, I am able
to navigate above my virtual host document root and look at other virtual host files.

How would one stop this ? I have taken a look at mod_chroot but that does not seem to work
as ChrootDir can only be used in the main configuration and not in the VirtualHost directive.

For reference I am running Apache 2.2.17.
Thanks, Phil