httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Pierre Huynh <jean-pierre.hu...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject [users@httpd] [Apache mod_proxy & mod_proxy_http] Buffering issue
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 12:32:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm willing to use Apache HTTP Server used as proxy to relay chunked http requests to a backend
service. It appears that by default the server bufferize the traffic and re-chunk it with
other chunk values.

I've been looking in several forums and the official documentation but I couldn't find a way
to make Apache Http Server work as a full transparent proxy.
Is there a configuration variable to set that I'm not awake of and that could enable the function
I'm looking for ?

I tried a lot of different settings but with no success.

Here is a part of my configuration :

Listen 172.25.205.205:50
<VirtualHost 172.25.205.205:50>
    #ProxyPassReverse / http://172.25.205.216:5000/ flushpackets=on
    ProxyPass / http://172.25.205.216:5000/ flushpackets=on
    SetEnv proxy-sendchunks 1
</VirtualHost>

Proxy works but the original chunked request is altered.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely yours,

-Jean-Pierre Huynh