httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] what language is used to develop Yahoo Traffic Server
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 17:07:31 GMT
  On April 6, 2011 12:54 , James Godrej <jamesgodrej@yahoo.in>  wrote:
> I want to know what language is used to make Yahoo Traffic Server which
> http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2010/04/traffic_server_graduates_to_a_fullfledged_project/
> which handles lots of data.I could not find on internet any where a way to download and
use it at my machines can any one give links to the same.

The mailing list you sent your message to is for Apache HTTP Server,
which is not related to Apache Traffic Server (formerly Yahoo Traffic
Server).  Also, if you are doing web searches, you might have more luck
searching if you use the new name.

You can download the Yahoo Traffic Server by going to the second link in
the article whose URL you posted above (in the article's first
sentence).  And quick look at the SVN repository for the Apache Traffic
Server (which you can also get to from the page linked to in the
article's first sentence) leads me to believe that the Apache Traffic
Server is written largely in C++.

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org