httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joao Morgado <joaomorg...@widesys.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect from Apache HTTP to Apache Tomcat and SSO
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:21:21 GMT

Hi all,

I'm using Apache http to redirect requests to Apache Tomcat. This happens
using mod_jk and mod_auth_sspi (for Single Sign On purpose).

This setup is used to send all requests (for two specific applications) to
Apache Tomcat and because when requests are made to a specific application
(like /app2/) it is sent to Apache Tomcat and it has some Location SSPI
configuration in httpd.conf.

So when I go to URL http://server_name/app1/index.do it opens a page (the
same as if I go directly to Apache Tomcat at
http://server_name:8080/app1/index.do).
If I go to URL http://server_name/app2/index.do it opens the same page I
would get if I go to http://server_name:8080/app2/index.do and with the
bonus that it will sign the application with the windows credentials (using
certificates).

What I would like to do also is to have something like this:

two different URL's:

http://app_1

http://app_2

and they will open the following URL's in Tomcat:

http://server_name:8080/app1/index.do

http://server_name:8080/app2/index.do

respectively. The second URL should also use the auth_sspi instructions to
SSO.

Can anyone give me some lights on this? Could I use VirtualHost forthis
purpose?

Thank you in advance,
João Morgado