httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache DBD Sqlite3 - failed to prepare SQL statements: not an error
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:26:32 GMT
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:04:47 -0700
Larry Low <llow@telesphere.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble trying to get apache to use a sqlite3 database for authentication
using dbd.  I get the following in my error log:

> [Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to prepare SQL
statements: not an error
> [Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Error looking up someuser in database

Ouch!  That error message smells of bug.

> My configurations looks like this:

Is DBDPersist Off something you just tried when it didn't work?
I'm guessing you mean to turn it on in production.

Just as an experiment, what happens if you use DBDMin 0 ?

> I've tried attaching httpd to gdb but I'm unused to performing troubleshooting at that
level and can only confirm by setting a breakpoint at apr_dbd_prepare that the file database
file is open at the time:

It would be good if you could step through that.
Do you know anyone who is comfortable in gdb and could make
a five-minute job of it?

> I am close to scratching using sqlite3 and switching to postgresql but I wanted to avoid
complicating the setup.

postgresql is great, but could be considered overkill for simple
authentication.  And you certainly shouldn't have to change.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent.
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html