httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Stradling <...@impalanetworks.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite Conditions & Rules
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 17:45:01 GMT
I apologize, I should have specified that I did use the set of rules that Eugene had adjusted.

The result was the same as the rules I had been using previously.

I appreciate the assistance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Evans [mailto:tevans.uk@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:43 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Rewrite Conditions & Rules

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Ian Stradling <Ian@impalanetworks.com> wrote:
> No, unfortunately it doesn’t.  When a visitor first goes to the website, it stays
in HTTP.  As soon as a visitor clicks on one of the HTTPS links, the rewrite rules will force
HTTPS for the rest of the time that the visitor is on the site regardless of the links they
click on.

> I need the Rewrite rules to be able to take it out of HTTPS when they click on a portion
of the site that isn't HTTPS. The code all looks like it should work, but there's something
strange going on with it.  It looks like the second set of code isn't firing.

Did you notice that Eugene's rewrite rules were different from yours,
or did you dismiss it out of hand?

Cheers

Tom