httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joel Donahue <joel.donahu...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Targeting specific files in reverse proxy mode
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 18:09:49 GMT
I have setup apache2 to run in reverse proxy mode with mod_proxy and
ProxyPass. I am trying to target the robots.txt file to modify it with
mod_ext_filter and am having no such luck.
I have mod_ext_filter working fine changing links on other parts of
the site, So I don't believe it's configuration is an issue.

ExtFilterDefine robots mode=output cmd="/usr/bin/robots.pl"
<Files robots.txt>
SetOutputFilter robots
</Files>

Using the Files directive is not working and I read somewhere that it
won't work because I am using a reverse proxy and that I should use
the Location directive.
Is that correct? What would be the proper way to target the robots.txt
file so I can process it with mod_ext_filter?